New and emerging technologies can greatly simplify the process of mapping, recording, and defending property rights at scale. While technology alone is insufficient to solve pernicious property rights challenges, it can be harnessed by policymakers, lawyers, surveyors, families, and communities to help deliver structural reforms.
The purpose of this primer series is to introduce a number of new and emerging technologies to professionals working within the property rights space. The primers are by no means an exhaustive guide, but rather a starting point to explore and understand disruptive new tools for reform, of which the following are discussed:
- Blockchain and Property Rights
- Drones and Property Rights
- Dual-Band GNSS and Property Rights
- Machine Learning and Property Rights
- Self-Sovereign Identity and Property Rights
- 3D Cadastre and Property Rights